Thursday, March 11, 2010

BOB ROSS FORCED TO EAT OWN HEART OUT!


Our Secret Clouds (...and if you tell anyone those clouds are there...) 30x20

I really love this painting. It represents so much. I branched out in so many new ways with the techniques I was using. I really went wild with my restrictions, giving myself more and more allowances to be suggestive of the different details of the landscape. This painting is not a circle, unfortunately.
It also has some water damage at the top right. Not sure what that could be. It did rain a few times over Christmas, which marked the inception of this painting. The color palette of the ground reminds me of Central America.
The title is a little mysterious. It's a triple reference. This painting was not going so well in my eyes from the get go. But my friends, Devon and Nico, convinced me to keep working on it. I'm so glad I did.
One reference is to The Family Guy, for Devon. And from that starting point, it's a Bob Ross reference because I allowed myself to cheat my own method a little bit and use techniques, normally forbidden, to create a real 'landscape' look with mountains, and clouds, and the like.
But it's also a secret reference.

2 comments: